We’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and driven person to join our growing organization, who wants to build a Marketing career with an innovative, fast-growing startup that's making an impact!
The Marketing Director is responsible for developing and supporting the strategy, planning, and execution of First Boulevard’s key marketing programming, as well as client marketing initiatives aligned with business objectives. This person will have a deep understanding of data-driven content, branding, and omni-channel marketing with experience in marketing strategy, channel management, and campaign development. The Marketing Director will be responsible for supporting client relations and executing on campaigns end-to-end, from planning to measurement. You will manage a Marketing team to execute your plan.
First Boulevard is a digitally native, unapologetically Black, neobank built to eradicate the wealth gap in America. Black America has been underbanked, unbanked, and underserved for centuries. First Boulevard empowers Black America to take control of their $1.4T in annual economic impact while also being fully inclusive and welcoming of all other communities.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Prepares effective advertising campaigns based on market research.
- Maintains knowledge on emerging products and services.
- Collaborates with senior executives to develop growth plans for the organization.
- Forecasts, drafts, implements, and oversees the department’s operating budget.
- Manages digital channels: updates, maintains and optimizes the website and digital channels.
- Generates traffic: manages website SEO and other digital marketing to increase visits to the website.
- Develops content: writes, maintains and curates marketing collateral on behalf of the firm and founders.
- Generates leads: ensures there is a strong presence at events, podcast, etc. to maximize lead generation and promotion of the brand.
- Identifies new market segments that will benefit from company products.
- Analyzes target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Manages PR & Comms: manages all external and internal PR & communications.
- Builds the brand: ensures the curation of original content submitting awards entries and showcasing at exhibitions to enhance brand reputation.
- Develops influencer marketing initiatives.
- Identifies and recommends key metrics to company leadership. Tracks and presents key metrics on a regular basis and adjusts marketing program to enhance overall effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and social media communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of market developments, marketing strategies, and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, highly detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Technical skills: CRM: HubSpot, SalesForce, WordPress/ equivalent, Email Marketing Automation
- Proficient with Google Workspace or related software with ability to learn various software platforms to perform duties.
- Interest and knowledge of the financial services industry and an interest in learning about the history of banking for Black Americans.
- A passion for social impact, particularly in financial inclusion and improved access to financial literacy and services to the underserved, underbanked, unbanked communities of America.
- Highly collaborative, professional, friendly, and social personality. Passion and experience in mentoring and recruiting/team building.
- Ability to work well with peer leadership and distributed stakeholders.
- Proven ability to generate decisions through data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of marketing generalist background.
- 5-7 years of B2C or B2B2C marketing experience, with a minimum of 3 years experience as a Marketing Director or similar role.
- Able to withstand prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Unlimited PTO plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.