The Senior DevOps Engineer is a key member of our small Engineering team and contributes to helping to build the First Boulevard mobile app. You will be responsible for securing and technically managing our mobile app and ensuring a seamless and secure experience for all First Boulevard users.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked, and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending, and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Drive improvements to the software development and deployment process of our proprietary applications and services.
- Collaborate with software engineers and security experts to ensure that the right practices are in place and to take the security lead on automating the path to production to enable.
- Deploy changes in a highly secure manner.
- Work closely with the engineering, product, infosec, and department heads to understand the priorities to create a roadmap to ensure world-class uptime and development environments.
- Design and implement Security Integrations within a CI/CD pipeline.
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at a massive scale, aiming for 100% automation in DevOps processes.
- Be part of the founding team responsible for design and implementation of infrastructure and security architecture, including security groups, network firewalls, WAF, and IDS.
- Work very closely with the InfoSec, Operations, and Engineering teams to craft and enforce security policy as relates to DevOps, infrastructure, and more.
- Establish and promote good practice for managing information technology and information security risk, providing support, advice, and information where required.
- Help prevent security incidents and respond effectively to them when they happen.
- Audit and strengthen existing infrastructure, automation, code and process.
- Create a process to scale the First Boulevard DevOps infrastructure.
- 10+ years DevOps related work
- 5+ years cloud experience
- 3+ AWS experience
- Experience building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and ci/cd workflows and tools (circleci)
- Expertise with the common cloud providers, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Mobile Device and Application Security
- Strong knowledge of containerization solutions like Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Openshift, Fargate
- Experience with advance messaging technologies such as AWS MSK, SQS, Kinesis, or similar technologies
- Good understanding of CI/CD processes and tools, e.g., AWS CodePipeline & CodeBuild, or Jenkins
- Experience with database setup and configuration such as AWS Aurora, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Openshift
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools, e.g., Prometheus, Grafana, ELK/EFK, OpenTracing
- Good understanding of traditional enterprise technology stack and enterprise networking concepts
- Good understanding of Agile software development framework (e.g., Scrum) and tools (e.g., Jira)
- Knowledge of API security and best practices
- We would be additionally interested if you have experience in any of the following:
- Unix scripting
- API testing tools, ex: Soap UI / Insomnia REST
- Monitoring tools, ex: SumoLogic
- Experience in supporting financial services systems
- Experience with managing consumer PII data
- Knowledge of PCI compliance
- Supported ML pipeline
- Snowflake experience
- Core Python/Clojure or background in Clojure development
***WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN FULL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE***
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.