The Senior Software Development Test Engineer (SDET) supports the delivery of a quality, high-performance mobile app. This role works closely with the Engineering team to build a test framework that contains Appium UI E2E test cases and Pytest API test cases. This role needs to have experience with automated testing for mobile apps in either Android or iOS devices. Experience testing with hybrid mobile apps or frameworks like React Native is a huge plus. This role will also be responsible for reporting daily test reports and helping engineers to debug defects.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
- Tests complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems.
- Creates and maintains automated test cases, executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and troubleshoots automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
- Works with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verifies fixes.
- Works closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
- Works cross functional areas with internal partner engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Estimates own testing tasks and works productively with minimum supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
- Represents team leadership and provides technical guidance and training to junior test team members.
- Participates in the performance testing and analysis framework for a web services architecture containing ESB, BPM, and associated back-end applications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding and ability to develop code in Python or Java.
- Strong experience in API testing from SOAP, RESTful is required.
- Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium is preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems.
- Nice to have experience with Clojure, Datomic, and AWS.
- Hands-on experience with Mac, iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinking skills with a passion for quality and test automation.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, addressing technical issues and devising effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables.
- Experience with tools & applications such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and Artifactory/Maven.
- Experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems.
- Previous experience with transport ticketing or tolling systems is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in either a Software Development Engineer or Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) role.
- Mobile app testing experience.
- Startup experience preferred.
**Please apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications**
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.