The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative and project support to the Founder and COO. We are in search of a sharp, enthusiastic and driven team member to help us reach the next level of our growth!
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Performs all administrative duties and day-to-day operational activities, logistics, and other
project-based deliverables to support the COO, enabling them to execute their role effectively.
- Manages the COO’s calendar, consisting of different locations, time zones, priorities, and
requests to strategically plan – thoughtfully and effectively constructing to support expressed
- Works closely with the COO to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and
responsibilities - following up appropriately.
- Conserves the COO’s time by initiating, proofreading, and finalizing correspondence, documents,
meeting minutes, reports, and collecting and analyzing information.
- Assists in researching various initiatives under consideration.
- Gathers and collates information from various departments to support report data.
- Takes initiative to complete recurring tasks as well as executing assorted project tasks.
- Makes recommendations on strategic administrative initiatives.
- Manages all travel arrangements for the COO, coordinating with other team members, as
- Organizes the senior management team meetings, off-sites, town halls, and special events - post
COVID-19 or as requested.
- Manages the COO’s authorization of invoices, credit card statements, and expense
- Compiles, distributes, and e-files management reports (i.e., Quarterly, Annual, Weekly Operations
- Creates and edits presentations, as needed.
- Creates and manages electronic filing systems.
- Researches and introduces basic tools and methods to enhance workplace operations,
integration, and communications.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the COO and internal teams,
demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with staff.
- Helps develop and maintain strong working relationships with the team and external partners, to
ensure business plans and strategic initiatives are in alignment and deployed throughout the
- Offers administrative and project support to members of the leadership team, as needed.
- Operates with discretion, with the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred in Business Administration or related field
- At least four years of executive assistance experience
- Startup experience preferred. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Extremely proficient with Google Workspace or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in situations that are sometimes ambiguous.
- Able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- MUST be able to work Pacific time zone hours.
***WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN FULL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE***
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.