The Director of Business Development is responsible for company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities and developing long-term business growth strategies. This role will assess business risks by analyzing financial, statistical, and economic data.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Builds solid relationships with customers, vendors and distributors, as well as sales and marketing teams.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Directs marketing efforts by presenting market research to marketing directors and suggesting strategies to expand market research.
- Assesses marketing and sales as well as supplier and vendor operations and recommends improvements as needed.
- Prepares all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Researches emerging trends and recommends new company offerings to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Develops and manages strategic partnerships to grow business.
- Presents business or marketing opportunities to company executives and management.
- Selects automation software and software platforms that best meet company needs.
- Responsible for recruiting and developing exclusive relationships with national partners and small-to-large enterprises.
- Manages MOUs and 3rd-party contracts with partners.
- Responsible for departmental reporting and forecasting.
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets to effectively hit targeted goals.
- Proven business development, sales, or marketing experience.
- Existing national relationships with potential partners.
- Proficient in Google Workspace and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of business development experience required.
- Fintech experience preferred.
- Startup experience preferred.
***WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN FULL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE***
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.