We are seeking a motivated Talent Acquisition professional to join our fast-growing startup. The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for developing and executing the company’s recruitment strategy. You will serve as an essential partner with the leadership team in shaping the future direction of talent acquisition services in the organization.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Refine and implement overall talent acquisition strategy.
- Develop employee value proposition and promote company as an employer of choice.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications.
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives.
- Prepare talent acquisition materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards/publications/colleges etc., using an applicant tracking system.
- Source and recruit candidates by using own and team members’ professional networks, databases, social media etc.
- Screen candidate resumes and job applications, assessing applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, and aptitudes.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule.
- Recommend and apply talent acquisition and compensation best practices.
- Provide analytical and well-documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Experience in technical talent acquisition with an emphasis on creating a broad and diverse candidate pool.
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter (either an in-house talent acquisition or a staffing agency recruiter).
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, etc.).
- Proven experience with various selection tools (video interviewing, phone interviewing, reference check, etc.).
- Ability to conduct skills assessments (technical assessments, skill proficiency tasks, strengths assessments, etc.).
- Familiarity with HR databases and Applicant Tracking Systems (Breezy ATS a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, highly detail-oriented.
- Interest and knowledge of the financial services industry and an interest in learning about the history of banking for Black Americans.
- A passion for social impact, particularly in financial inclusion and improved access to financial literacy and services to the underserved, underbanked, unbanked communities of America.
- Professional with the ability to quickly build rapport.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work well with peer leadership and distributed stakeholders.
- Proven ability to generate decisions through data.
***WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN FULL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE***
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.