Are you looking to use your amazing product design skills to create a product that will make an impact? We're seeking a motivated, driven Senior Product Designer to join our innovative, fast-growing startup. You will play a major role in the design, prototyping, and development of our fintech mobile app.
First Boulevard is a digitally native, unapologetically Black, neobank built to eradicate the wealth gap in America. Black America has been underbanked, unbanked, and underserved for centuries. First Boulevard empowers Black America to take control of their $1.4T in annual economic impact while also being fully inclusive and welcoming of all other communities.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Design Creation: You will develop key design concepts and components to reuse throughout the growth of the apps, creating UI mockups and storyboards and functional prototypes to present to the team. You'll use your knowledge of current industry trends and market conditions to make the best product design recommendations.
- User Research: You will develop user studies then conduct user research to improve our product. You'll refine user personas and build page navigation and clear information architecture.
- Product Development: You will collaborate with the VP of Engineering and VP of Product to develop design and performance improvements, establish key branding guidelines, and innovate solutions to identified UX problems.
- Mission-focused and ability to understand and apply why, what, and who you are designing for.
- Proven knowledge of inclusive product design.
- Excellent concept to launch capabilities with a systems-oriented, design-thinking process.
- Ability to scale through strong knowledge of design principles.
- Understanding of the balance between aesthetics and functionality related to product design and development.
- Skilled in using multiple tools with an ability to bounce seamlessly from Figma to Sketch, to InVision, to Origami, to Marvel, Webflow, InDesign, and more.
- Customer-centric sponge with the ability to create better design flow, always finding ways to obtain feedback from users.
- Understanding of user personas with the ability to create wireframes and prototypes to test users, conduct card sorting sessions, and perform user interviews.
- Good research and competitor analysis skills with an understanding of industry trends and market conditions.
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design, with artistic and innovative flair and customer appeal.
- Experience designing various different products, including mobile applications.
- Extensive experience developing information architecture.
- Experience with interaction design and visual/graphic design.
- Startup experience and ability to build and lead a design team.
- Bonus: experience in the fintech or neobanking industries.
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.