The Release Manager manages, plans, and schedules software delivery throughout the release lifecycle. You will assist and manage projects across the engineering team and work closely with our tech lead.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Plans the release of project deliverables and release life cycle.
- Communicates the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, and requirements, between Engineering and Product or other teams.
- Coordinates the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identifies the risks that can delay the release and manages them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Tracks the progress and identifies issues, if any, always working to improve the process of release.
- Ensures that the release is planned according to the requirements and budget.
- Schedules the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Creates plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Provides weekly updates on the release activities.
- Ensures the allocation of Release Engineers to every release.
- Communicates with team leads in Engineering and Product.
- Leads the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
- Teams up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
- Schedules meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
- Maintains documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Makes improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines.
- Experience with code deployment on AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with mobile app deployment is a plus.
- Experience in working with DevOps and Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience in the use of application deployment tools.
- Knowledge of traditional agile methodologies, including Scrum, Waterfall, or Kanban.
- Good understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem-solving and analytics skills.
- Startup experience preferred, fintech experience a huge plus.
**Please apply for the position even if you do not meet all of the qualifications**