We’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and driven person to join our growing organization, who wants to build a Project Management career with an innovative, fast-growing startup.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Forward plans the release windows and cycles with the Product Manager.
- Collaborates with Lead Engineers to plan and coordinate team work.
- Engages daily with the Product Manager to document and refine requirements.
- Implements agile process and manages scrum responsibilities
- Implements short-term and long-term solutions through root cause analysis process
- Coordinates work with offshore and onshore teams
- Produces Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Works with Product Manager on Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Works with developers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Manages risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Measures and monitors progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinates release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicates all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between different teams.
- Produces Weekly Release Reporting.
- Communicates release details, schedules, and timeline updates to the Company as required.
- Negotiates, plans, and manages all release activities.
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensures alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually works towards making improvements in the release process.
- Leads and co-ordinates the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs.
- Coordinates with the Product Manager to optimize the delivery of Engineering.
- Ensures consistent documentation of system architecture and new features.
- Assists with capacity planning and ensuring that the Engineering team is best utilized.
- Mentors the less experienced developers.
- An expert understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Structured thinking.
- Experience in coordinating cross-functional work teams up to task completion.
- Experience working in an agile development environment (Agile, Scrum, or Kanban preferred).
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong independent worker and team contributor.
- Ability to find middle ground between stakeholders to accomplish stated goals.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented with a strong ability to ensure tasks are completed.
- Four+ years experience in project or release management.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Fintech experience.
- DevOps experience.
***WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN FULL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE***
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employee-only plans, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family plans.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.