We are seeking a motivated Financial Education professional to join our fast-growth startup! The Content Writer works collaboratively within the Financial Education department to write and create content for products related to financial education and financial wellness that matter the most to our users. Bring your amazing skills to our passionate Fin Ed team!
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
Financial Education Content Development
- Sources, researches, analyzes, creates, and edits content that encompasses all areas of the Financial Education Department ranging from writing articles to be recorded for audio to courses and infographics.
- Manages and assists in the development of the Fin Ed content calendar and maintains a tone consistent with the company’s style across all areas of content creation.
Financial Education Program
- Stays abreast of new developments, technologies, and trends in the personal finance and financial education space and makes recommendations to assist with the Financial Education program development.
- Identifies and sources experts and influencers in the field of personal finance.
- Assists in the design and implementation of the Financial Education Program.
- In conjunction with the Financial Education Project Manager, manages the Financial Education content library within Google Drive.
- Experience creating short-form and long-form content required.
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to write quickly, succinctly, and independently under tight deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail, particularly when it comes to grammar, syntax, and writing style.
- Ability to edit and provide feedback.
- Experience writing financial education and personal finance content with the ability to translate complex topics into easy-to-understand conversational articles preferred.
- Experience creating personal finance content for social media outlets, websites, and in-house use preferred.
- Experience writing on issues that directly impact people of color.
- Ability to independently research a variety of topics through various online resources (databases, Internet), interviews, and observation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to empathize with our users and the ability to create content that users will love.
- Ability to work with in a sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Must be able to maintain organization following process and procedures as outlined.
- Ability to become proficient with new technologies and workplace tools such as ClickUp and Google Suite quickly.
- Must have the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to be innovative and creative.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Familiarity with SEO is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study required.
- At least 2 years of experience in content production or equivalent.
- Startup experience preferred.
***WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN FULL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE***
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.