The Chief of Staff will work directly with the CEO of First Boulevard and act as his right hand person. You will be responsible for managing and keeping tabs on company financials, metrics, and goals. This person will execute on a variety of projects across the entire organization. You will work on key business objectives and be very involved in the day to day operations of First Boulevard.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community’s $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Serve as a trusted advisor, representative, and assistant to the CEO
- Manage the CEO’s staff meetings including draft agendas, coordinate presentations, manage attendees, create, and manage follow-up actions
- Actively enable the efficiency of business operations from behind the scenes
- Coordinate with key stakeholders regularly to ensure priorities are set and maintained, and to surface potential new problems and learnings
- Lead or partner on special projects driven by the CEO across all operational areas of the business
- Drive content creation and agendas for key internal and external purposes (investor presentations, Board materials, key client meetings)
- Serve as interim project leader for strategic initiatives as needed, working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment across teams and levels to drive business results
- Manage and keep CEO up to date on company financials
- Compose and manage correspondence dealing with issues or subject matter that is highly sensitive and confidential
- Act as a trusted advisor to the CEO
- Collaborate with leadership to define goals and long term operational plans
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to partner across multiple stakeholders by leveraging communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Strategic and structured thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to manage and execute several projects simultaneously
- Naturally connect and build strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasive
- Deep passion for and experience in startup strategy and operations
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience or knowledge of startup operations and strategy
- Able to thrive in a highly dynamic, fast paced, continuously changing environment with minimal oversight/direction
- Experience working in management consulting highly preferred
- 2-5+ years of experience work experience
- Fintech experience a bonus
****Please apply even if you do not meet all of the job requirements or qualifications****
***WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN FULL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE***
Why join the First Boulevard team?
- First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.